A crazy bad 12th grade breakout, and my sudden development of psoriasis a year later has led me to be pretty crazy about my skincare. For the past five years, I’ve obsessively stuck to this routine:
- WASH HANDS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO FACE.
- Wash face with lukewarm water and a pump of Cetaphil cleanser.
- Rinse face with a clean, damp wash cloth.
- Pat face dry with ANOTHER clean wash cloth.
- Wash hands again.
- Apply benzaclin.
- Apply Cerave.
- Wash hands AGAIN because benzaclin is nasty stuff that will make you sick if you accidentally ingest it, and bleaches the heck out of anything it touches. (Including hair. I’ve had mysterious grey hairs around my forehead for the past five years.)
- Repeat steps 1-5 from morning.
- Apply differin.
The results of this were…pretty good. I often got complements about what nice skin I have (including several from dermatologists!), but I still battled the monthly breakout, and out of control psoriasis. However, fear of angering my sensitive skin kept me from even thinking of changing anything…until two months ago.
I have had this stubborn three inch patch of psoriasis on my shin for the past two years. I’ve tried just about With several formal events to attend this spring, I decided I wasn’t going to cover this thing with bandaids anymore…I was going to get rid of it.
Somewhere along the lines, I stumbled upon the One Love Organics website. On a whim I ordered their “A Little Love” sample pack, with the intention of finding a new moisturizer to replace my paraben laden old reliable. I got so much more.
The difference in my skin was immediate. The first time I tried the products my skin was rosy without being rosacea red, moisturized without being greasy, and clean without being tight. My mineral foundation went on amazingly smooth, and lasted all day. And that patch on my leg? Gone in the first three weeks. The “Love Springs Eternal” serum is advertised as a sort of anti-aging product, but it has been a miracle worker for my psoriasis as well as my mother’s eczema.
I can’t recommend this stuff enough. The Skin Savior balm has replaced the icky acne creams I was so dependent on (for science-y details on why, read this), as well as makeup remover, lip balm, and moisturizer for super dry skin.