In an attempt to get away from all the wedding/happy couple shows on TV, I thought I’d spend my evening watching Intervention. Unfortunately, tonight’s episode features “Romeo and Juliet on heroin.” Of course I feel ridiculous, but my mind has been so wrapped up in “oh-my-god-i’m-alone” that I can’t think straight.
I need to shift gears, mentally and physically. I need to get off the couch and re-join the living. I need to let go.
Goals for the Remainder of the Year:
- Try CrossFit. Because I’m sick of being the only girl in the weight room.
- Read 23 more books by the end of the year. Because this will be my longest break from academics since pre-school.
- Go on a date. Doesn’t matter with whom. Maybe The Boy, maybe someone new.
- Apply to grad schools. Because I’m not ready to get “a real job.”
- Go on a vacation. Someplace warm and sunny, with my family.